Thanks Bullseye

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Stealth01

Thanks Bullseye

Post by Stealth01 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:07 pm

So there I was, installing the VQ accuracy kit, (trigger, sear, hammer and springs with a MKII bushing) on my MKIII. I wasn't familiar with the inner workings of the MKIII so I found the detailed install instructions over at Brownells. I followed them to the letter (iPad on my bench while working) only to find that my gun did not work!! I kept telling myself that the instructions failed to tie the sear and disconnector together BUT, I was following the instructions! I finally quit before I broke something, because this gun was not working!! I did an internet search and discovered Bullseye's detailed instructions... to include PLACING THE DISCONNECTOR BEHIND THE SEAR!! BANG... forgive my lack of experience with the Ruger but even I could figure out there HAD to be a tie in between the disconnector and the sear... but I was following directions... all be they incomplete!! Following Bullseye's detailed instructions , the gun went together... and it works!! Bullseye, if I ever have the pleasure of meeting you, the beer is on me!!

Ken :!:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm just pleased everything worked out for you. Now it's time to go out and run some rounds through that pistol and enjoy it.

R,
Bullseye