Clark trigger MKIII

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Clark trigger MKIII

Post by piasashooter » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:03 am

I am wanting to replace my VQ trigger in my MKIII, the disconnector does not fully seat in the trigger anymore, and was creating some slop in the trigger pull. The trigger is worn out some in the whole for the disconnector, so I want to replace the trigger.I put the factory trigger back in and it felt better, the disconnector was staying in the trigger like it should. I am looking at a Clark trigger, they are advertised for use in a MKI/MKII, will they work in a MKIII? Also, they say some fitting may be required, what might be involved in the fitting?, and last, I was wondering would the Clark trigger, compared to the factory trigger, improve the action of the trigger pull? The gun has had a trigger job, and feels pretty good with the factory trigger back in, but there is still a little slop at the beginning of the pull.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:56 am

The Clark trigger is a good upgrade to the factory trigger. It will work in a Mark III but it doesn't have the tab on the back of the trigger that interacts with a Mark III magazine. The VQ target trigger doesn't have the tab either. A plus if you're running with a Mark II hammer bushing in the gun to remove the magazine safety. Fitting a Clark may require shaping the upper body for fit in the trigger well, both for width and for forward travel. A Clark trigger doesn't have a pretravel screw but they put more material up on the front side of the trigger block to reduce pretravel. You may have to remove some of this forward material to allow the trigger to return forward enough to reset the disconnector.

I'm not sure what is happening with your VQ trigger from the description.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:12 am

I think he's saying the hole for the disconnector pin in the trigger has loosened up to a point that he has a lot of slop. Loose fit which is impacting the reset.

You may contact VQ about the worn out hole. They now make a SS version of their trigger which may hold up better.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:43 pm

You may be right on that one Blue. I see now where that would be a pain to live with on a target trigger.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:40 am

You might also look at VQ's new stainless steel trigger. Pre and over-travel screws, drop-in fit. Smooth faced, and equal in width to the trigger guard.

The stainless wouldn't wear as fast as the aluminum triggers can. I just recently did the whole kit, and am very pleased with the stainless trigger, which is available separately, too.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:24 pm

Thanks a lot for the replies. Blue's description of my problem is correct. The pin portion of the disconnecter is no longer a good fit in the trigger, and was effecting the feel of the trigger pull. The fitting of the Clark trigger sounds like something I could handle with out a problem. My VQ trigger required a little fitting to work right, I had to file down the front of the trigger , the trigger was hitting the frame before it would drop the hammer. I saw a while back that VQ has a stainless version of there trigger, I don't think it was available when I bought mine. I might try contacting VQ about my trigger, cant hurt to ask. Thanks again for all the replies.

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:56 am

Well, I guess I will be sticking with the VQ trigger for now. I sent VQ an e-mail, and the said they would replace the trigger free of charge. Thank's to Blue68f100, for suggesting to contact VQ, I probably would not have if you didn't mention it. I'm impressed they would say that they would replace it without even asking to look at it first. Maybe I will try a Clark trigger sometime in the future, but I can't beat getting a new trigger for free. Thanks again to everyone, this is a great forum.

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:53 am

I received my new trigger from VQ. I put it in and it fixed the problem, so nice to have a decent trigger pull again. I noticed that the new trigger they sent me is designed a little different than the one I had before. The new one has the over travel screw drilled higher on the trigger, and the hole for the dissconnecter is drilled slightly farther forward, eliminating some of the trigger travel, creating a slightly longer reach, which I like. I am very pleased with the customer service from Volquartsen.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:00 am

piasashooter wrote: I am very pleased with the customer service from Volquartsen.
I agree on that. I asked about buying a spare overtravel screw. They said they would be happy to send me one, no charge. Two sets of both screws came in the mail.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

hotroderx

Post by hotroderx » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:55 pm

VQ has great customer service. I contacted them about shipping something out ASAP I needed it for a Range day with friends. They where awsome about it upgraded my shipping free. They really are top notch company.