Merit Aptical Attach, Champion Shooting Glasses

The place for members to buy, sell, or trade.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

FourCornerm'n
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by FourCornerm'n » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:11 pm

I bought these around 1990 and never got far in bullseye work. Both in excellent condition.

Merit Delux Optical Attachment - $40

Champion - Brillen 160 'Neostyle' Shooting Glasses with 2 diopter lenses (+ .20 and + .25) - $160.

The Merit's been in my shooting box all these years - used maybe 10 times. The Champion Glasses were used 3 - 4 times, spending the remainder in two closets in two homes. Both are in their original plastic cases.

What other sites are useful to put a few accessories or a few guns up for sale? I'm new to on line private sales, suppose I'll have to join Pay Pal?

Looking here to get just enough cash to help with action work on a Ruger .22.

FourCornerm'n
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by FourCornerm'n » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:01 am

I paraded around the Salt Lake Gun Show today wearing a cap that had stuck to it, three 3 x 5 white cards. Two advertising the above items and the third trying to bring attention to 80 rnds of Winchester white box 40 S&W I have no use for.

People stared a little. I don't think they were used to customers in the aisles advertising stuff, like they used to do at the Great Western in Los Angeles. About 4 or 5 actually seemed to know what a Merit Optical Attachment is. But I don't think anyone had a clue what the Champion Glasses were about. I had to show them to someone who just couldn't get the concept of what they were. Needless to say, I still have both here at home. Sold the 40 S&W though.

Fairly crowded show. Some pistol reloads and new manufactured ammo didn't seem too expensive, but much of it was pricey. The best deal I saw on Federal Bulk Pack (525) was $23. Holy cow. Not much of it there, either. Gun prices were all over the map.

I guess I'm going to have to find a way to advertise over a larger potential shooter's market. Maybe Gunbroker, after all.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:33 am

Did you post these on RFC?

Also Dwight Pilkilton (pdwight) has a forum that caters to rimfire shooters that could help move the Champions. http://rimfireshooting.com/index.php?act=idx

R,
Bullseye

Tro3

Post by Tro3 » Sun May 23, 2010 6:10 pm

I am interested in the Champion shooting glasses if you still have them. Maybe they can help these old eyes deal with service rifle sights.

FourCornerm'n
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by FourCornerm'n » Tue May 25, 2010 1:47 am

Yes, Tro3, I still have the Champion glasses. I've been over busy because I have to meet with a partner who I'm caregiver for this week in a nearby state. I'll take these with me in case they'd be what you want. I thought they were for pistol shooters, however. That's what I do, and I bought them from Don Nygord who was a pistol smith. If they are for rifleman also, I'd be glad to hear from you.

Tro3

Champiuon shooting glasses

Post by Tro3 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:13 am

At worst I will have to get a smaller lensholder. I have used a different make, similar concept but not as rugged or as adjustable, if these are what I think they are. I will send a PM with direct contact info.