About gone but not forgetten

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

About gone but not forgetten

Post by ruger22 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:00 pm

Well I was here. Looks to be two posts in 2019, with no responses. I was surprised it is still here. Best wishes to everyone.
* Two Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* Two NAA Guardian .32ACP
* Three Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: About gone but not forgetten

Post by Hardball » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:27 am

Right now a dozen people online with nothing to say. Come on. This is "GunTalk"

I am guilty of aging out of serious Bullseye shooting. My drive has waned. But interest is still there to help others in the game. Meanwhile I seem to be returning to my blue steel and wood rifles. Remington 721, 722, 725, and Winchester 70 (pre 64 of course) and vintage Sako. Great rifles. I like a good Mauser too. I was 8-9 years old and shooting 30-06 sporterized Springfield. But right now the three mentioned are on top.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:26 pm

Hello everyone, and Merry Christmas! I miss days of yore when people would be periodically posting in here because it seemed like a down-to-earth gun forum and wasn't overcrowded with BS you find in larger forms. How are all of you doing? I wonder about the likes of the Old Man and Greener, as well as everybody else.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:57 am

Well, probably no one here to see this, but I hope everyone had a nice Christmas, and looks forward to a great New Year. I'm hoping Trump gets a landslide, and the Repubs get both the Senate and House. Those that don't agree, well that's okay.

My only major gun activity was getting a second NAA Guardian 32 in November. Back up for if one is in the shop, or held for evidence because I used it on someone, God forbid.

Ruger just came out with a .22LR LCP, and I'm hoping it prompts NAA to make a .22LR Guardian. Sorry, Ruger! I can't do a plastic frame, trigger, and guide rod. Or a mag safety, or trigger safety.

Happy shooting, everyone !!

ruger22

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:00 am

Right with you Ruger22. On both the new year wishes and the landslide.

This place was a regular visit site for me before. I do not understand why it slowed way way down. Such a nice forum.
I often wonder if Bullseye is a known member elsewhere.

Hardball

ruger22 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:57 am
Well, probably no one here to see this, but I hope everyone had a nice Christmas, and looks forward to a great New Year. I'm hoping Trump gets a landslide, and the Repubs get both the Senate and House. Those that don't agree, well that's okay.

My only major gun activity was getting a second NAA Guardian 32 in November. Back up for if one is in the shop, or held for evidence because I used it on someone, God forbid.

Ruger just came out with a .22LR LCP, and I'm hoping it prompts NAA to make a .22LR Guardian. Sorry, Ruger! I can't do a plastic frame, trigger, and guide rod. Or a mag safety, or trigger safety.

Happy shooting, everyone !!

ruger22

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:45 am

Hey Guys,
Hope everyone had a great Christmas & wishing you the best in the new year.

Still alive & kicking in ND. :banana: :banana:
I have the same feelings about this site. Used to be a daily, sometimes hourly visit. Now it seems like a monthly check in is all I get done.

New acquisitions: 3T S&W m19 for use in distinguished revolver. (had no idea I was soooo bad with a wheel gun), picked up a couple of Nelson conversions 5" & 6" to replace the Marvel conversions, Savage target in 6BR that I haven't gotten around to shooting yet.

Still on the hunt for 4 more MKII target pistols. My goal is to have 1 to give to each grandchild (9 & counting) when they show enough responsibility. I was full up but I keep getting blessed with more grandkids.

Hardball, I know how you feel about aging out. 10-15 years back I hovered at a 94.7% for about 4 years. Never could break into the Master class for 360 consecutive shots. Since my rotator cuff surgery 10 yrs ago, I'm mid sharpshooter level. Keep having uncontrolled foray's into the 5 & 4 ring to screw up my slow fires. Used to be my 22 scores would compensate for the CF & 45 scores. Now it's just the opposite. Went to the conversions to keep the same frame but the shoulder & jerking trigger finger cancels out any advantage they're giving me. Went back to the MKII's, tried a Walther GSP, Hi Standards, all with the same results. At this point I'm still going to visit with like minded friends and exchange pleasantries and personal insults about their shooting (we have a great bunch that gets along really well).

On another chapter, is anyone here going to Attabury instead of Perry this year? I would like to keep attending the National Matches, but am really PO'd about the move from Perry. Thinking I'll go to Perry & skip Attabury. Not sure exactly what caused the split, but Perry has been the home of the National Matches for 112 years. Camp Perry is synonymous with the National Matches in my mind & will not likely change. You know what they say: You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much! :D :D

At any rate, best to all of you still here.
Allen
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:32 am

I'd like to build a campfire and sit around it and BS with you guys.

I have not bught a pistol lately. But have found a few good old Remington 721 and 725. Also a nice prewar model 70 3006. I grew up with these more so than with BE pistols. 7-1/2 now. Blue steel and walnut appeals still like it always has.
If you guys haven't figured it out, look here
http://www.remingtonsociety.org/forums/ ... 5706c29bbd

I am Rem725 there and a couple other places too.
About 15 Remingtons on that list are mine.

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:19 pm

Got back from the Desert Midwinter in Phoenix on Wednesday. 1105 emails to be responded to or deleted (my favorite) and nearly 20 voice mails to be returned. And these are the ones the CSR's didn't take care of.

Oh well, got to pay if you're gonna play. Shot horribly for an expert (mid sharpshooter level). But it was low 60's to mid 70's all week, so I chalked it up in the win column. Had the privilege to have John Z. stand behind me and give me some tips. Nothing I hadn't known about, just having someone else stress what I was doing brought it home. Like holding the dot on the black for 3 seconds after delivering a SF shot. And, trying to shoot 6 shots in TF & RF. Then locking my shooting arm before raising to the target. Again, all stuff I know...just wasn't doing.

So back to the grind. Shot a bit Wed nite. Shooting well until I stopped thinking about what I learned in AZ & defaulted back to my sloppy habits. Work in progress.

All for now.
Al
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:40 am

It's been a long time and I see some familiar names. Hope everyone has made the year I seem to have missed well.

Just as I had cataract surgery that fixed my distance vision covid kicked in.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:02 am

I have been shooting at the range on Fridays With Friends , but we haven't been able to go out to lunch afterwards like usual because the restaurants are carry out only. Also went to the range with my AR-15 with friends and shot a couple hundred rounds. Nothing like shooting AR-15, very efficient rifle. I'm doing okay with ammo really cuz I purchased while it was cheap and abundant, and I also reload. Where are the days of yesterday when this forum was buzzing.?

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:42 pm

Well, I visited. Hello ? Hope everyone is fine......

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:22 am

I'm ok. No change.
Five years into retirement. I thought I would be less busy than at work.
I do miss the laid back mood here. I wonder if Jack D is still around. He is the only member here I ever met. And that was before I was ever here. A great metalsmith and great guy.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 pm

Hello to whoever can hear me, I also miss the Forum the way it was, and looked up to several in here for technical advice. Whatever happened to Bullseye, The Old Man and Bear, and Greener? If there's one thing in life that does not change, it's how things change so often and constantly. I pray all is well with all of you.

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:49 am

Just checking in. Signed in and see only my registered login plus 6 guests. I wonder who our guests are.

How has you bullseye shooting been going?
I am not doing matches as the time to train is not available anymore. Plus getting old. Too many other commitments these days.

swoter

Post by swoter » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:06 am

I still scroll through every few months, usually don’t bother to log in though. Not much new anymore. And that’s sad.