New member introductions?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

stalkingbear

New member introductions?

Post by stalkingbear » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:06 pm

Is this where new members introduce themselves? If not please move this post to it's proper place. I just joined this forum a few days ago and am an semi-retired gunsmith/armorer/custom rifle builder and dad & grandad with 27+ years experience. I've been NRA & state certified shooting instructor for years,and ex competition shooter in several disiplines. I joined to help people and am NOT here to "try to drum up business". In fact, I have an never ending backlog of up to 6 months. The reason I'm able to sit here sometimes online is due to my back problems when I don't feel like working. I've had 6 back surgerys and have an morphine pump permanently implanted in my back.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:18 pm

Welcome to Guntalk-Online Stalkingbear!

Like you I've been doing this for a bunch of years. I'm sure that you can help fill in the gaps that I have when answering the membership's questions. I've been building custom pistols for nearly twenty years and I fully understand how backlogs go. Demand is always very high and I have more requests for firearms than I can possibly fill. I won't sacrifice quality for quantity so I stay small.

Back issues come with the territory but mine isn't quite as bad off as yours, at least my last MRI didn't show any further degradation from the previous one. My partner had several vertebrae fused and had to leave the business, which has put me even further behind on filling my orders.

Welcome again.

Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:38 pm

And my only problem is being and Olde Pharte. some days I got more joints hurting than I think I got joints. I did get to the range for a while, Bear and I were shooting the new Henry, not a bad shooter either.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:51 pm

I know what you mean. Yesterday I finally made it out to the range for the first time this year. Did I mention it has been a busy year for me so far? I got to get out more.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Got there yesterday and today again, the weather is finally not windy and way below freezing, besides Ma has been feeling better lately. The winter has bee rough this year, the cold was really angry or maybe old age makes it seem that way. Ma has had problem in the last few years dealing with depression and it really tells on this old man. Doing all of the housework plus taking care of Ma and all the other stuff would wear a young man out much less an olde one. Range is only 7-1/2 miles from home and usually empty in the early afternoon, get out and do a half hour or so and have a great time. Shot my new Henry a bit with a scope today, yesterday shot it with the HiViz off one of my Ruger pistols and it works pretty good.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

ruger22com

kinda new

Post by ruger22com » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi Guys!
Actually I am an old member...so old I have not been around for a while an needed to reregister.
I also operate a ton of website myself
http://cheapgunparts.com is my parts store for ruger 10/22's mark series pistols and remington 597's
http://Ruger22.com in my help site for 10/22's
http://remington597.com my help site for remington 597's
http://gunsandfun.com is my forum.
plus I have a bunch of others.

If you have any questions about 10/22's, I am the man like bullseye is da man with mark series piston's.

I will be back around a couple times a week to answer any questions or give any help if needed. I am a big believer that the way we can all increase the sport is to provide help and info to each other where ever possible.

happy shooting!
-Bob

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi Bob, welcome back. Do you remember your old screen name here? I can check it and reactivate it if you like.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22com

Post by ruger22com » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:02 pm

Bullseye wrote:Hi Bob, welcome back. Do you remember your old screen name here? I can check it and reactivate it if you like.

R,
Bullseye
I think it was ruger22com....

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:44 am

I didn't see that user name as I searched the member list. I thought you had an account before but I couldn't find it or any username close to it. I was pretty sure that around the same time I registered for one of your forums you registered here.

R,
Bullseye