How long?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

How long?

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:28 pm

How long until AR parts or mags become either available or available at NORMAL pries? any predictions, guesses,hopes or otherwise? :?:

I for one am not paying a $1700 price tag for a normally $899 rifle that some seen to be asking on the auction sites :shocker:

or $50+ for $15 mags :alex:
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:12 am

Demand drives the market and as the current trends are going I don't expect to see them come down anytime soon.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:55 am

I did a 400 mile round trip for a 40-minute environmental inspection yesterday. Stopped at Clark Bro's Gun Shop in Opal, VA, and at Greentop on the way back. Both were relatively crowded and neither had much of a stock of anything remaining. Prices were up and they weren't dickering much on prices. Guy at Clarks traded in two rifles for an XD45 and was trying to get a box of ammo thrown in. No go. Greentop's inventory was lower than I've ever seen. They had two AR's in stock, both in the $3k range.

Going to be a while before the supply rebounds. And with the White house indicating that they may do gun control by executive order, may be a very long while.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:52 am

Went to Sportsman's Warehouse this morning. They have been looking better than Gander, but pretty bad today. So I can imagine what shape Gander is in.

Sportsman's did not have one single round of .22 except WMR. No Shorts, Longs, or Long Rifles at all.

They did, oddly, have a good supply of .22Mag and .17.

No 9mm, no .380. They had a very few boxes of .40 and .45ACP. I got lucky, there were a grand total of eleven boxes of .38 Special. Three American Eagle FMJ, six AE round nose, and two of my usual Independence FMJ. I bought a box of those, after some thought. Got my first post-Fiscal Cliff paycheck this morning, and it wasn't pretty.

Gun-wise, rifle racks were good except for black ones. Handguns getting hit heavy, lots of empty space. They did have one .357 LCR, and a .22 SP-101, but the clerk said they were the last ones, none "in back".
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Going to be a while before the supply rebounds. And with the White house indicating that they may do gun control by executive order, may be a very long while.
So much for swearing to support and defending the Constitution of the United States! That's the oath that all our government officials make upon assuming office.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:52 am

Bullseye wrote:
So much for swearing to support and defending the Constitution of the United States! That's the oath that all our government officials make upon assuming office.

R,
Bullseye
I believe the one I took had "against all enemies foreign and domestic" in it.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:01 am

That clause is in the oath we took as military officers but the civilian government version leaves it out.

R,
Bullseye

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:54 pm

I was wondering myself how long it will take, I guess there is really no way to know. What I have been wondering also, is just how many AR's flew off the shelf in the week or so after the shooting. Everywhere I have gone, local and on the internet is out. One local shop I went to said they sold 25 AR's in two days. It is a pretty small shop to, i was surprised they would stock that many.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:22 pm

my local shop said they sold 250 in the week after the shooting.....

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:42 am

The surprising thing is that the demand for firearms and ammo doesn't appear to have dropped off much since then.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:14 pm

The demand is high and the supply is low.......

-John Wayne

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:42 am

I have a friend who has thinking about selling this RRA's (A2 version) for $1200-1300. It
includes synthetic sling($70), a few magazines, a soft case ($70), and some
other minor accessories. I think he may be changing his mind, though, after
I told him what it is worth these days.
http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm? ... ory_id=225

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:30 am

If he's seriously thinking of selling his A2 he might want to do it now. If the Feds get their way anyone who owns a black rifle won't be legally able to sell them later on. Tough decision but the market is definitely on the side of the seller.

R,
Bullseye

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:23 am

Bullseye wrote:If he's seriously thinking of selling his A2 he might want to do it now. If the Feds get their way anyone who owns a black rifle won't be legally able to sell them later on. Tough decision but the market is definitely on the side of the seller.

R,
Bullseye
I have had thoughts of buying it to use as a backup for my NM A2, just in case something went wrong with mine. At the prices that are being asked, even his very fair price for the market, that's a lot of cash. The feds could even say it is illegal for 'anybody' to posses one, and every AR must be turned in. :?:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:45 pm

When they imposed the ban in CA, registration was made mandatory for any pre-ban assault weapons. The local sheriffs were policing all the firing ranges and confiscating any unregistered weapons covered under the ban legislation. Even then, most folks did not register their state outlawed weapons during the grace period. This was the only way they could hope to locate where all the "legally" possessed AW firearms were within the state's borders. This new proposed legislation is essentially that same plan only expanded out on a national scale and with a few extra modifications that have been learned over the years.

R,
Bullseye