Political Wind Vane (joke)

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Political Wind Vane (joke)

Post by Bullseye » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:53 am

I thought I'd post this sight gag due to the current climate in our country these days.

R,
Bullseye

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:03 am

You know what really makes me uneasy, is to think the dems might get re-elected in 2016.
If they do, it is very conceivable that they will win the 2020 election too, as most pres' get two terms.
No wonder why people get the doomsday attitude these days.

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:57 am

Hakaman wrote:You know what really makes me uneasy, is to think the dems might get re-elected in 2016.
If they do, it is very conceivable that they will win the 2020 election too, as most pres' get two terms.
No wonder why people get the doomsday attitude these days.
"Might"???

Unless the Republicans pull their head out of their nether regions and field a viable candidate, it's a slam-dunk!

I try very hard not to think about the world my grandchildren will have to live in.
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:06 pm

It's going to be very hard to get a viable candidate past the "gimme" group that gets all the handouts. Plus the bleeding heart Prius drivers with the "coexist" bumper stickers.

Voter turnout is terrible. The responsible working people have to get off their butt and vote next time. That includes the mid-terms in 2014. Conservative control of both sides of Congress would smooth things out for a good replacement in 2016.

A dozen large cities are well into bankruptcy. Detroit is bleeding to death in red ink. New York is planning to cut all their municipal employees to 29 hours, thanks to Nobama Nocare. The White House of cards is starting to fold, if people will just wake up.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:44 am

Bullseye, all good humor has some basis in fact.

I heard almost those exact words when I said that Benghazi was incompetently handled.

Haka, I'm waiting for Dear Leader to nullify the 22nd Amendment by executive order just before going off on an expensive golfing vacation. Why couldn't you guys get him to vacation in Detroit. Lots of great golf in the area, Great Lakes and it would be a heck of a boost to the economy.

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:21 am

My cynical self says "Democrats vs. Republicans is the same as trying to decide between Pepsi and Coke". They are both Colas with very little substantive differences and they will both prove bad to your health. What we absolutely need to become healthy is water not Cola! Political parties love to have us fighting on the meaningless details, arguing one side vs. the other, while they both rake it in, especially the two party system we’ve mindlessly been following the past hundred or so years. Democracy and/or a republic, to remain viable, requires a thinking citizenry which we obviously have little of now days. We are due a correction.
gcp

Courageous we stand!

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:19 am

Haka, I'm waiting for Dear Leader to nullify the 22nd Amendment by executive order just before going off on an expensive golfing vacation. Why couldn't you guys get him to vacation in Detroit. Lots of great golf in the area, Great Lakes and it would be a heck of a boost to the economy.
It doesn't cost enough to entice the pres to come here. He needs to spend million$ before he goes on vacation. I saw the pres' golf swing yesterday, and could spend some money on lessons!