Greener's "Gun A Month" plan may be back

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Greener's "Gun A Month" plan may be back

Post by ruger22 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:34 am

I see in the morning paper that our (VA) extremely well un-qualified governor and former crooked campaign manager wants to put you back to buying one gun a month. Isn't that a little hard on your budget?........ :D

Seriously, McAuliffe wants to restrict sales to one gun per month, AGAIN. Require checks at gun shows, keep guns away from those with domestic dispute history, and take away your carry permit if you owe back child support. That last one makes the least sense of any of them.

Can we blame this guy getting elected on Northern Virginia? They keep pushing the same old tired lines on us, over and over. When they don't pass, they still don't go away.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:56 am

Corrupt politicians want to tax more of our money and have more control of us. This is getting out of hand.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:12 pm

I thought sure Greener would post something here. I'll guess he's busy deciding which 12 guns he may be forced to buy next year........ :lol:
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:31 am

he is retied now and on a fixed budget... he's going to have to buy Brycos, jennings, highpoints, and cobras now..... :P
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:29 am

ruger22 wrote:I thought sure Greener would post something here. I'll guess he's busy deciding which 12 guns he may be forced to buy next year........ :lol:
I was in such shock at the pressure of deciding which handgun I needed each month that I was unable to write.

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:30 am

bgreenea3 wrote:he is retied now and on a fixed budget... he's going to have to buy Brycos, jennings, highpoints, and cobras now..... :P
I keep waiting for my children to offer to help me out with this matter, now that I'm in reduced means.

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:58 am

Ruger, our guv got $1.1 million from Bloomberg,so he owes big time. So, he comes out (after the Nov elections, no need to get the gun nuts all excited) with
a. Back to one gun a month because that's going to stop the flow of illegal guns on the streets and into the NYC/DC pipeline.
b. Get rid of the gunshow loophole. That's the holy grail of the gun grabbers because,criminals line up to be guns from dealers at gunshows. I went to the Doswell show Sunday and didn't see anyone lined up for anything. Pretty much a ghost town.

c. Cancel CHP's for holders who are behind on support payments. I suppose the thinking is that having a CHP is a sign of manhood and the threat to their manhood will get those folks to paying up better than court orders. Virginia is an open carry state, so why wouldn't they strap them on or simply ignore the CHP loss.

d. Deny the possession of firearms to anyone with a protective order (high percentages of divorces) or misdemeanor (family, female) assault convictions. So, now these folks are felons? How does he know that these folks have firearms? Or does he just have SWAT teams show up to search and collect like NY and CA?

Both houses in the GA are Republican and he has about zero chance of getting any of it through. I plan to show up on Lobby Day (Jan 20) to reinforce the second amendment. Besides, my state senator is anti-gun, and I like showing up in his office, open carry, to remind him that not all of his constituents are anti-gun. He usually shuts the door.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:16 am

The prohibition of people with protection orders having firearms has been here in MI for a long time. It's not a felony it's contempt of court, a misdemeanor at most.

-John Wayne

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:16 am

bgreenea3 wrote:The prohibition of people with protection orders having firearms has been here in MI for a long time. It's not a felony it's contempt of court, a misdemeanor at most.
Virginia prohibits these people from purchasing, but I don't believe they are prevented from owning. That is, if I have a handgun and then get a protective order, I don't have to give what I already own up. I think the gov is trying to add this part.

From the purchase background check questionnaire. (VA does both state and fed background checks)
"A person who answers "yes" to any of the below questions may be prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm pursuant to state and/or federal law. "
"Is there an outstanding protective or restraining order against you from any court that involves your spouse, a former spouse, an individual with whom you share a child in common, or someone you cohabited with as an intimate partner?"

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:29 pm

Yes that is a federal law.

Protective orders are not a final ever lasting thing. They can be challenged in court and all have expiration dates, usually 1 year. There are a list of prohibited things the petitioner can ask for or a judge may order. No contact, assaulting, not show up at school or work place, and yes the no guns part. The person protective order is issued by a judge after the reason for the request is sworn to in court. Some I have seen were worth while and some 9 there the truth was stretched a tad by the petitioner.
The thing with protection orders is that they are just a piece of paper, and a piece of paper won't stop a determined attacker like a hunk of lead at 800 to 1200 fps.

-John Wayne

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:47 am

Was in the local paper, all of McAuliffe's gun initiatives died in committee. No surprise. VA will be a little safer now, for at least a while.
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:25 am

VA won't likely see any new pro-gun laws take effect either as McAuliff will probably veto any of those Bills that reach his desk.

R,
Bullseye

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:54 am

Bullseye wrote:VA won't likely see any new pro-gun laws take effect either as McAuliff will probably veto any of those Bills that reach his desk.

R,
Bullseye
A number of anti-gun house bills died in committee yesterday. And you are right, McAuliffe will veto any pro-gun bills.