What's with slow GTO?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

What's with slow GTO?

Post by ruger22 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:32 pm

We've got this great new format, a few new members, and a lot of crickets chirping. Things are really slow.

Maybe everyone's like me. There actually aren't any guns I want right now, and I couldn't afford them anyway. I've got enough ammo to more than hold me through the 2020 Presidential election. No new holsters or other gear excite me.

My last excitement was finally putting a real (but cheap) scope on my 10/22, a Simmons 4 X 32 instead of the old Tasco 3-7 X 20. Back in January. Whoopee. My last range trip May 28 was a box of Federal AutoMatch through a Bearcat, and half a box of .38 FMJ through my LCR-357. Same old predictable results.

:guns: ..boring.............We need to liven up the old forum....... :banana:........
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: What's with slow GTO?

Post by Hardball » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Been wondering the same thing. Shooter friends tell me Bullseye is dead. No, not that Bullseye.
CMP has killed Hardball. No, not me. The game requiring Hardball, with all the relaxed rules.
Those of us with real Hardball achievements can stay proud.

Users browsing this forum: Hardball and 0 guests

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:41 am

I am definitely well and I hope everyone else is too! I haven't lost interest in this forum, I'm just very busy, which prevents me from spending much time on the computer or any other non-business related activities for that matter. I created this forum for like-minded folks to communicate with each other. I know there are many other firearms related forums out there for folks to choose as a discussion vehicle and perhaps what has happened is they've chosen to go elsewhere. In the beginning of Guntalk, many folks just needed a bit of coaching and assistance with maintaining their firearms. Perhaps over time they've gained the confidence and knowledge to perform these tasks without much outside assistance. My maintenance web-help pages still have a tremendous volume of traffic, according to my analytic stats. I check in when I can and keep the phony SPAM registrations down via administrative management on an "as can" basis. I would enjoy seeing our members conversing with each other more regularly but that is up to each of them.

R,
Bullseye

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Hardball wrote:Been wondering the same thing. Shooter friends tell me Bullseye is dead. No, not that Bullseye.
CMP has killed Hardball. No, not me. The game requiring Hardball, with all the relaxed rules.
Those of us with real Hardball achievements can stay proud.