I need your input

The place to read Website news and special announcements.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Do we want M60FMJ back as a member on GTOL?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Yes
6%
No
88%
I really do not care one way or the other
6%

Total votes: 16

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

I need your input

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:52 pm

Guys,

M60FMJ has emailed me and asked to reinstate him to the forum, for the first time I banned an individual from our membership. Here is where you can assist me in this decision. You do not need to make a comment just choose an option.

If you are unsure as to why I need your input then take a look at this thread- http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3321

If you wish to make a comment to me without it being public then PM me with the details.

Thanks,
Bullseye
Last edited by Bullseye on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

membership has its privileges... and accountability

Post by Coach1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:21 pm

I have this nagging feeling that we would end up with a stack of rants if posting rights are re-installed.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: membership has its privileges... and accountability

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Coach1 wrote:I have this nagging feeling that we would end up with a stack of rants if posting rights are re-installed.
Got to agree with that statement for sure. Just a little kif with bad manners just looking to get attention any way he can.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:24 am

Bullseye, at the end of the day this is your house and we are guest even though you have always gone out of your way to make us feel like family. Most of us come here for the shared interest and don't want/need drama. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:50 am

I'm going to agree with the others here. As long as I've been on this forum we have had regular postings of shooting with no reaction like this one. He may like guns but he does not have our morrow feelings/values toward bad persons doing violent crimes.

The bottom line is it's your forum and it's your decision. You have to do what you thing is best for the forum...
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:57 am

I could live with the "texting" posts, but I don't see much of a mature attitude toward shooting sports or anything else.

As has been said, this is your house and we are your guests. Your decision is good by us. I agree with the other guests' posts on this.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

return to forum

Post by stork » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:56 pm

From his beginning posts, I had a gut feeling about this forum not being a good fit for M60FMJ. I found myself not reading his posts because of the nature of his questions and attitude.

Just my opinion but I think he's spent way too much time shooting on video games and not enough actual trigger time.

We have a very cordial well informed membership here. Those shooters who are serious about improving their marksmanship and exchanging ideas (and showing the new toy to the "Guys") are always welcome posts and I read them all.

Hopefully M60FMJ can find a forum more suited to his interests.

Good call Bullseye.

FWIW
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks to everyone who made their feelings known. I have given all your inputs serious consideration and have decided to let the ban stand. I wish our young friend all the best and hopefully he'll find another discussion forum more to his liking.

You all are the best!

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:23 pm

stork wrote: We have a very cordial well informed membership here......who are serious about improving their marksmanship and exchanging ideas (and showing the new toy to the "Guys") are always welcome posts and I read them all.
And here all I thought we ever did was was complain about uncooperative guns and tease OM every chance we got............. :D
Bullseye wrote: You all are the best!
You haven't talked to my Occaisionally Better Half........ :roll:
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Glad to hear that M60 is looking for better pastures to suit his taste. I have been in contact with a lot of people during my life and have not taken an instant dislike for someone that I can remember. From his first post I could see trouble in the offing.
Ruger22, remember old age and treachery go hand in hand, always keep an ear and an eye out behind you, hohohoho.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:49 pm

I hope he learns to be civil with strangers.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:42 am

In a recent email message he asked me to pass on to you bgreenea3 his sincere apology for his past comments because you didn't deserve that type of treatment from him.

Perhaps he has learned to be more civil toward others from this incident.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:37 am

bearandoldman wrote:Ruger22, remember old age and treachery go hand in hand, always keep an ear and an eye out behind you, hohohoho.
I prefer to think of you more along the lines of "mature and experienced". Us youngsters can really benefit from the knowledge of our elders, if we're smart enough to pay attention.

I'm hoping M60FMJ isn't much past twenty, assuming he's legal to buy a handgun? I didn't exhibit much serious maturity until I was about 25, so maybe he's a late bloomer.
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP

piasashooter
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by piasashooter » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:22 pm

I thought from the first post he made, this was not the right forum for him. It didn't surprise me that his comments went in the direction they did. I'm only 25, and he seemed pretty immature to me, but everyone is different. If he didn't like what he found here, I don't know why he continued to post. I guess it is easier to say things over the internet, you might not say in person. Sometimes I feel like I come off the wrong way typing my thought, when you go back and read what you typed, it's not always the way it seemed when you typed it.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:17 pm

Ok this is how IO picture him. Someone looking for attention and really does not care how he gets it as long as he gets it, good or bad.
Young man, 18 to 22 years old, 5 Foot 7 inches, 120 pounds, head shaved, slight beard, at least 1 ear ring, a stud in his lower lip, tattoos of a skull or a devils head or a zombie and a dagger dripping blood or all of the preceding. Wears his pants hanging so low you can ]see less buns in the bakery counter at the deli, cap sideways or backwards.?????