Has Gun Control failed?

The place to read Website news and special announcements.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Has Gun Control failed?

Post by Hakaman » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:27 am

Has the Gun Control push caused a reverse effect on gun owners:
Last edited by Hakaman on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:41 am

The article was pretty good until it got all conspiracy theory near the middle/end. I don't think defeating the AWB is a home run, but I do think it doesn't have the support it needs to pass either.

I do think that a positive thing from all this silliness is the amount of new shooters and gunowners that has spawned. And for the most part the more people interested in guns the better for the rest of us.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:13 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:The article was pretty good until it got all conspiracy theory near the middle/end. I don't think defeating the AWB is a home run, but I do think it doesn't have the support it needs to pass either.

I do think that a positive thing from all this silliness is the amount of new shooters and gunowners that has spawned. And for the most part the more people interested in guns the better for the rest of us.
Plus one. The talk of "gunning down legislators" and "staged mass shootings" is way out there.

The misadministration, Cuomo, and the other anti-guns just had to look back to 2008 to see what was coming this time. In 2008, people were just reacting to a handful of anti-gun remarks, compared to across the board objectives now. Didn't take rocket science to see gun and ammo sales skyrocketing more than in 2008.

It may have had a negative effect on my shooting. If the "millions of new gun owners" jam my range and I can't locate a more relaxed spot, I'll stop recreation shooting. I would not risk making the 40 minute drive, just to find a long line, and yayhoo action movie fans ruining the experience.

My Forest Service range is unsupervised, except for occaisional visits by the ranger who maintains it. He's already told me that if the rowdy behavior and destruction get any worse, they'll close it anyway.

I'll keep the LCRs for carry, and the Bearcats for some hope of a future improvement. No point in keeping the Mark III and 10/22 as just dust collectors.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:17 am

bgreenea3 wrote:The article was pretty good until it got all conspiracy theory near the middle/end. I don't think defeating the AWB is a home run, but I do think it doesn't have the support it needs to pass either.

Really good points bg.

I'd like to add we haven't won anything at all. Feinstein's bill is still in congress.
Also, we are losing on some state legislative fronts... Look at New York; it looks like Colorado could be next...

We have to stay on top of this, keep writing, calling, and emailing our reps, and donating to the NRA and other organizations that protect our right.