Forum Rules

The place to read Website news and special announcements.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Forum Rules

Post by Bullseye » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:52 pm

Bullseye’s Gun Talk-Online Forum Rules, August 16, 2005

[Gun Talk-Online Terms and Conditions]

[1] Introduction – Welcome to this forum. To ensure your experience here is as pleasurable as possible please take a few minutes to read these rules.

A. To ensure your participation is enjoyable, everyone is reminded to remain civil in their postings. No flame wars, name calling, or personal attacks.

B. This is a moderated forum. Any posts in breach of forum rules are subject to deletion, and the offender faces suspension or permanent banishment from the forum, depending on the severity of the offense.

[2] General Guidelines

A. Be civil and enjoy your stay. The forum’s objective is to promote educated debate, exchange new ideas/views and provide members with assistance regarding to all shooting related areas.

B. Members should try to stay on-topic within a thread. Feel free to start a new thread if your thoughts drift onto a new subject area within your discussion. Excessive off-topic discussions within a topical thread will be moved or deleted if it detracts from the discussion.

C. Do not abuse your membership privileges. Bans are permanent and can not be reversed. Bans work on many key identifiers. Any severe offences and the responsible party should be aware that your ISP will be contacted with the details of your actions. Most ISP Terms of Service (TOS) take breach of the Terms and Conditions of other websites as a serious infraction. If you feel you have a genuine grievance or there has been a misunderstanding regarding your actions please E-mail me directly with the pertinent details.

[3] Forum Rules

Infractions which will result in banning or account deletion are as follows:

A. Multiple Accounts: A member is permitted only one forum account. If you have a special circumstance that requires more than one account please contact me with any mitigating information.

B. Personal attacks: Any posts containing personal, sexist, or racist attacks will be edited or deleted and the originating account risks banishment.

C. Flame Wars: Flaming will not be tolerated here. If you cannot hold a reasonable debate without resorting to derogatory remarks, then you are not welcome here.

D. Vulgarity: Things not permitted under this subject include: Swearing, posts of a sexual nature, or posts that include inappropriate images.

• E. E-mail Addresses: For security reasons members must sign up with a working e-mail address from your ISP. Your E-mail address is private and will not be used for any other purposes. We will not sell, release, or otherwise distribute your email address to anyone, for any reason or under any conditions. Only the forum administrator has access to E-mail addresses. Use of services such as AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. may result in your registration e-mails being sorted as spam and prevent you from receiving them.

F. Rules: Repeated infractions or willful disregard for the Forum Rules and Moderator warnings will result in account banishment.

G. Warez: Links to warez sites or discussion of warez is not permitted. Breach of this rule can lead to legal proceedings against this site, and will not be tolerated. Warez includes, but is not limited to, software or music files that are obtained illegally and in breech of the owner's copyright, as well as file cracks and public distribution of program serial numbers.

H. Forum Staff: Zero tolerance for any abuse directed toward the Forum Admin or Moderators will result in instant account banishment of the offender. Moderators are carefully chosen and have my full support, plus they volunteer their own personal time to assist others.

I. Signature Images: Keep these images reasonable in size, less than 480x100 pixels, below 50Kb in size and no larger than 4 lines in length for text signatures. This will reduce scrolling and beneficial for users on slow ISP Internet connections.

J. Spam: This Forum does not exist for advertising personal businesses or seeking personal gain. Members come here to read about shooting related topics not to get barraged with advertisements. "Spam" will be evaluated by the forum moderators or admin and deleted. It is exclusively their call, if an item is inappropriate as Spam in your posting. If you are unsure about adding something to a post, ask first via private message or E-mail.

K. Disruption: Disruptive or persistent argumentative behavior will not be tolerated.

L. Trading Post Forum: Usage of this forum is to be at your own risk. You must also follow all listed general rules as well as the specific rules related just to this forum, located here.

[4] Board Features

A. Take some time to try out some of the board features; there is a built in personal messaging system, which will be delivered to them on their next visit in a pop-up window.

B. There is a FAQ section to help you quickly navigate the threads or use this forum effectively. If there are any other questions, please personal message any moderator or admin.

Postscript:

I hope everyone will enjoy this forum. Let me assure you that I appreciate your membership. If you have any concerns, please feel free to E-mail or PM me with those issues. Sometimes things may arise that have not been anticipated; I will do my personal best to be fair, unbiased, and promptly mediate any difficulties.

These rules are subject to change at any time, without notice. - The Management