RCBS Chargemaster

The place to discuss reloading techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

RCBS Chargemaster

Post by Hakaman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:34 am

Does anybody here use an electronic dispenser/scale like the RCBS Chargemaster? I was wondering how you liked it, if you have one .
Haka

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:26 pm

I use a digital scale and a manual trickler when I'm making high accuracy rounds. I'll drop the powder then balance it out with the trickler.

R,
Bullseye

jrayb95

Post by jrayb95 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:56 pm

I don't have the Chargemaster but I do use the RCBS digital scale. I use the Lee Perfect Powder Measure set to the load I want less .1 gn. then trickle to the actual load. This makes a very accurate load with very consistent results.
The cost for this setup is not very expensive but is for quality loads and not quantity.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:02 pm

I don't have the Chargemaster but I do use the RCBS digital scale. I use the Lee Perfect Powder Measure set to the load I want less .1 gn. then trickle to the actual load. This makes a very accurate load with very consistent results.
This set up sounds much like what B.E. uses. I might be the route I might take.
I use a digital scale and a manual trickler when I'm making high accuracy rounds. I'll drop the powder then balance it out with the trickler.
Questiions:
How do you like the RCBS digital scale?
B.E. , what scale do you use?
Haka

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:13 pm

I have the RCBS Range Master 750. It is a very good digital scales, can be powered by a 9vdc battery or AC (included). Digital scales are very sensitive to wind currents. I had to mount mine under my bench on a special shelf to shield it from wind currents. Also keep my bench top cleaner. With all digital scales there is a warm up period. During this time your zero will shift. It takes about 5-10 min for it to settle down. I use the ac adapter on mine when I'm reloading. The reason is the scales has an auto shutoff feature when on batteries. Like with most all scales the accuracy is ±0.1 grain. The feature I like best about the digital scales is the tare function. It make it real quick to zero on a primed brass then dump the powder and check it. No need to transfer it from the bowl/tray.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:23 pm

I use a Lyman LE-1000 Digital Scale.

R,
Bullseye

laportechaarlie

Post by laportechaarlie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:00 pm

I have a RCBS chargemaster and it works well. Easy to program loads and very accurate. I have one of the older PACT dispensers and it is truely a POS. The PACT scale is OK as is the older Dillon that I have had ever since they introduced it. I have found the best way to use a digital scale is to just leave it on all the time. My PACT scale hasn't been turned off in several years.
Charlie

chefmossy

Post by chefmossy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:02 am

I have a Chargemaster and I love it works great.