Ultradot x 3

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Ultradot x 3

Post by Hakaman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:10 am

I have this Ultradot Matchdot red dot on my AR22:
http://www.ultradotusa.com/ultradotdist2010_006.htm
problem is, I see 2 or 3 dots all the time. In other words, my eyes are old, and
they can't focus to a single dot. I asked someone else check the dot and he said
he only sees one. I was using my latest subscription eyeglasses, but to no avail.
I think I will put my 3x9 scope back on, that works fine. Is there any way around
this issue, or should I sell it ?
Haka

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:03 am

Sounds like a trip to the optometrist is in order. You may need to get your eyes checked out for astigmatism or other issues. You haven't had any RK surgery in the past, did you? Do you see any starburst images at night with approaching vehicle lights?

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Sounds like a astigmatism problem, similar to what I have. I seam to see tails coming off the bottom of the dot (grows legs). One thing I learned when using a dot sight is do not look (concentrate) on the dot. Look naturally at the target and let the dot magically appear. Works best when you use both eye open.

Aging eyes seam to be the normal for me and add allergies into the mix causes a lot of blurred vision for me, right eye. My left eye does not have the problem and some days I just have to shoot southpaw.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:43 pm

I had my eyes checked by an optometrist last year, but don't know if he checked for astigmatism. I got a new prescription, but the glasses I was using were from a prescription before that. I am due for another check up though.