About gone but not forgetten

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Re: About gone but not forgetten

Post by ruger22 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:22 am

Hey, I sorta remembered my password, only took two tries.

Just thought I'd take a peek; I'm the only post this year ... :(

I hope everyone has had a good year, and has a good Christmas ... :)
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:17 pm

I'm hanging in there, here, but miss the guys and times when this forum was going well. :wink:
Haka

ps... I looked over the posting here and I have said what seemed to mention the same thing over again. I guess I just miss the how people would talk in here, seem like good info all the time. I just ordered a new 1911 spring cap for my Taurus because the one I had just shot around the basement last night and I couldn't find it. I was trying to assemble the pistol and the spring slipped and shot the cap to far places unknown. I also purchased an assembly tool for the 1911 hopefully that will help me.

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:50 am

Welcome 2 guests
"Users browsing this forum: Hardball and 2 guests"
And we thought we were alone......

Seems my schedule slows around holiday times. So I thought to check in here. Still miss it.
I have started selling off my inventory. My two kids are not interested. So may as well convert them to vacation money. Just kidding.

Happy Holidays and have a safe New Year everyone

Wow! Now 4 guests

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:42 pm

Hello, is anybody there?

I see a couple of posts in December.

I hope Mr. Bullseye is well, and all the other members, however many there still are. Looks to be just swoter, Hardball, and Hakaman. Maybe greener? Geez, Bullseye's last activity was Oct. 2020 ... :( ... :(

Highlights of my recent life, a lot of changes:
My wife passed away in October, heart problem. We almost made it to our 28th.
I retired and started SS and Medicare in December. I drove a transit bus for 23 years. About 400 miles a week. Now I drive 15 !
Her financial affairs and my not working have been crazy. Still emptying the house of her stuff and things I don't want.

Nothing new gun-wise; I haven't even been to a range in over a year. I've been debating selling most of my few guns.

I am so tired of Biden and the China flu. I hate the sight of a mask. I only leave the house once a week. I run wife's car 30 minutes every week, parked, to keep the battery charged. Once a month I drive it around the neighborhood. I don't know what to do with it.

I sure miss this place. I can't understand what happened to it. I'm on a couple of other forums, and they don't do much, maybe 5-6 posts a day. I think the Covid BS and short ammo have hurt all the forums, but this one died well before that. Maybe dancing bananas will help ...
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

swoter

Post by swoter » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:51 pm

I still look in occasionally. I still have 4 mark 2s, and my wife has a red mark 3. Don’t shoot nearly as much as I used to.

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Sat May 28, 2022 3:05 pm

I hear you loud & clear.
Not a lot new on my end. I also retired this year in Jan. So far just enjoying not doing a thing. Acquaintances keep asking if I'm lookina for a. And thats where I shut them down with a resounding NO. I didn't retire to go onto something else. I retired because I got tired of working and having a mutitude of hole punchers that never got used. My goal now is to burn out every centerfire barrel on everything I've got. Stocked up for years on components in preparation of this time, and now it's time to let the dogs out!!!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:07 am

Just came back here to get the Mark II hole tapping dimensions.
http://www.guntalk-online.com/images/Ru ... apInst.pdf

I miss this great forum.

Does anyone know if Mr Bullseye is still around?

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:48 pm

I am still around. I haven't been posting on the forum for quite a bit of time, as many of you have noticed. My free time to spend on any of the gun boards has been severely limited. I will check by here more frequently. Good to see there are still a few hard-core users checking in from time to time.

R,
Bullseye

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:28 pm

I'll keep checking regularly to see if anyone is still visiting.

R.
Bullseye

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:57 am

Hello Bullseye
I miss the forum and have checked in several times. Never got tired of posting here. But have on other forums. The mood was always better here. I think it's a people thing.

I have not done any serious bullseye shooting in about 10 years. I think it is time to downsize the accumulation. 73 and retired I don't think I can rebuild scores back to where they were. And it seems I am more busy now that when working.

But I will keep checking in too.

And thank you. This has been a favorite forum....

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:16 pm

Hardball,

I know how you feel. I have not been out as much as I'd like over the past few years, but I do still keep my hand in it. I'm not quite as competitive as I used to be, but I do still like competing. I still spend a lot of my time at the range passing on what I know to some of the newer hands - just like what was once done for me to shape (learn) my discipline skill sets. I really do miss my Uncle Sweetheart's unlimited ammo allotments, however I do still manage to score some smaller amounts on occasion.

I dropped offline mainly due to all the frustrating hours it took to stay on top of the discussion groups (here and elsewhere) everyday. I got tired of spending many hours combating all the SPAM scammers and bots attempting to gain access to this forum, so I shut off all the new registrations. I may reconsider and change that decision in the future. I am frequently surprised at the amount of references I see all around linking back to this forum's information and my web help pages. I still get tons of net traffic off of those web help pages. So much so that Chinese web managers have been attempting to clone my website and steal my domain name. I still get inquiries from them about every month or two asking me to sell my domain name.

I liked the discussions we had here with the great group of folks who were members. I did not care for many the other forums where some folks were more interested in arguing/starting arguments/or attempting to demonstrate how smart they thought they were to everyone else. I still managed to assist folks everywhere but sometimes it was a struggle to stifle the know-it-all's who were not adding anything useful to help the original posters with their problems.

I will keep checking here as I have seen that some of the folks were checking it to see if the board was still alive. Maybe the word will get out and they will try again posting here. I know a few of them were with me back in the original BBS forum format days when the Internet was just kicking off with the old MarkII.org domain.

Great to hear from you!
Bullseye

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:52 pm

Just taking a peek. Hope everyone is well.

manic mechanic

Post by manic mechanic » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:04 pm

I'm retired now as well and now understand the "never been so busy ", seems to be hard to believe we fit in work at all, let alone full-time and OT!!

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:38 pm

Good to see you back!

R,
Bullseye

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:09 am

Hi, this is Hakaman, just checking in to see if there is any activity of late. Something has gone on besides just people getting old to cause such infrequent postings by many. The covid virus and the cost of ammo have taken over many aspects of the world of shooting. Even at the club I belong to there are not that many shooters on Friday my friends and I attend.